A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to speak on a panel at an event hosted by Bloomberg. It was fun! Here was the info about the event.
Bloomberg Speaker Series: Artificial Intelligence in Finance
Bloomberg invites you to join us for our 2nd Data Speaker Series Event. Our Speaker Series is a more intimate forum where we will discuss trending topics after working hours. Our goal for sponsoring these events is to gather a community of market leading practitioners to have a chance to network and share best practices.
Bloomberg kicked off the Data Speaker Series in February with a very engaging discussion regarding alternative data usage in the investment process. The goal of the May event is to have industry experts across investing and academia discuss AI & Machine Learning tools and applications in finance. Featured speakers include leaders from Citadel, Neuberger Berman, Blackstone and NYU.
Time and Location:
Wed, May 16, 2018, 6pm-7:30pm
Bloomberg Enterprise, 120 Park Avenue (41st and Park)
6:00 PM – Registration & Networking
6:30 PM – Panel Discussion
7:30 PM – Networking Reception
- Lisa Schirf, COO, Data Strategies Group and AI Research, Citadel
- Michael Recce, Chief Data Scientist, Neuberger Berman
- Jeff Sternberg, Data Science Engineering, Blackstone
- Dr. Anasse Bari, Ph.D., Professor of Computer Science, New York University
- Ashish Singal, Senior Product Manager, Artificial Intelligence, Bloomberg
- Jeremy Baksht, Global Head of Alternative Data, Bloomberg
Discussion Topics – AI in Finance:
- What are the unique challenges applying AI to financial markets?
- How is AI actually being used today both sell side and buy side in trading / investing?
- In terms of culture / people, how do we bridge the gap? Do researchers understand markets and do traders understand technology?
- What kind of models specifically hold the most promise and for which use cases?
- How will AI help unlock value in unstructured data?
Here I am pontificating about how “data is an asset class”. Deep!